15 February 2017
1 min read
Protect your devices
- Apply administrative passwords to prevent changes to print device settings and functions.
- Purchase print devices with threat detection and software validation features, so only authorised firmware and software is installed and executed.
- Configure devices according to security best practices, such as closing unused ports and protocols and changing passwords.
Protect your data
- Require user authentication to access device features.
- Ensure print job data is encrypted in transit and at rest on the printer’s mass storage.
- Protect scans with document encryption features and encrypted email.
- Use secure mobile-printing solutions to allow printing from mobile devices.
- Erase sensitive data from hard drives before recycling old products.
Protect your documents
- Activate secure pull printing to store print jobs until the user enters identification at the selected printer.
- Use secure input trays to protect sensitive media, such as paper used to print checks and prescriptions
- Employ anti-counterfeiting solutions, such as security toner, to prevent tampering and alteration of sensitive documents.
Take our free assessment tool to discover more on how to protect your printers.